At the Bioimaging lab – CBER at INESC TEC we focus on solutions for medical image processing and analysis for computer-aided diagnosis.
We have at the moment open opportunities for master thesis and internships integrated within different projects and areas, such as:
– ScreenDR project – Image Analysis and Machine Learning Platform for Innovation in Diabetic Retinopathy Screening (contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Risk assessment of diabetic macular edema from eye fundus images (Supervisors: Ana Maria Mendonça, Catarina Carvalho)
– LUCAS project – Lung cancer screening – A non-invasive methodology for early diagnosis (contact info: email@example.com):
- Synthesizing artificial thoracic CT images using machine learning (Supervisors: Hélder Oliveira, Tânia Pereira)
- Feature engineering for lung cancer gene mutation prediction (Supervisors: Hélder Oliveira, Tânia Pereira)
- Lung cancer gene mutation prediction using transfer learning (Supervisors: Hélder Oliveira, Tânia Pereira)
– Ultrasound proposals (contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com ):
- Right heart function assessment in echocardiography (Supervisors: Aurélio Campilho, João Pedrosa)
- Tissue characterization from gynecological ultrasound data (Supervisors: Jorge Silva, Catarina Carvalho)
– Endoscopic capsules proposals (contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Abnormalities detection on videos of endoscopic capsules (Supervisor: António Cunha, Hélder Oliveira)
- Automatic polyp detection and segmentation in colon images (Supervisor: António Cunha, Hélder Oliveira)
Do you have any questions? Download the abstract of the proposals (Download: Propostas Teses Mestrado/Estágios) or show up on the 25th of September at 10h in room I-105 to know more.
You can also send an email to email@example.com